Most read articles
|Dairy leaders celebrate Sustainability Award win with a milk mustache|
|News - Industry News|
|Monday, 13 May 2013 16:42|
Winners of the dairy industry’s prestigious Sustainability Awards join the ranks of celebrities, athletes and influencers – from country music singer Miranda Lambert to movie star Salma Hayek to actor and father Taye Diggs – by donning the famed Milk Mustache for their own ad.
The dairy industry leaders were recognized for their efforts to advance sustainability at the U.S. Dairy Sustainability Awards in Washington, D.C.
This marks the second year MilkPEP, most known for the National Milk Mustache "got milk?" Campaign – a multi-faceted campaign designed to educate consumers about the health benefits of milk – has sponsored the Sustainability Award Milk Mustache ad.
“We at MilkPEP are pleased to be able to use the iconic got milk? brand equity to gain broader awareness for the Sustainability Awards and the impressive and important accomplishments of the winners,” said MilkPEP CEO Vivien Godfrey.
Six of the dairy industry’s sustainability leaders are featured in the ad that will appear in the June issue of Dairy Foods magazine.
Representing the dairy farms and businesses in the ad are:
• Mark Petersen- Petersen Dairy Farms (Appleton, Wisconsin)
• Chrystal Obbink- Prairieland Dairy (Firth, Nebraska)
• Carolyn DeGroot- Skyridge Farms (Sunnyside, Washington)
• Kam Fierstine- Unilever Henderson Ice Cream Plant (Henderson, Nevada)
• Renee Jacobs- Green Valley Dairy (Krakow, Wisconsin)
• Stacie Ballard- Ballard Family Dairy & Cheese (Gooding, Idaho) PD
—From MilkPEP news release