Artículos más leídos
- Luis Rodríguez: Conectando las diferentes áreas del establo
- Luis Rodriguez: Connecting the different areas of a dairy
- 0608 EL (español): Diarrea en vacas y becerras
- 0907 EL (español): Anatomia del casco de la vaca
- Manejando la retención de placenta
- 0307 EL (español): Veinte consejos para criar becerros sanos
- Conozca las diferencias entre la aplicación de inyecciones en un programa de sincronización y un programa de vacunación
- 0608 EL: Diarrhea in cows and calves
- Sample I-9 form completion and filing protocol
|Treating uterine infections with infusion products|
|Thursday, 10 February 2011 10:30|
Why is the use of this product important?
After a cow calves, the uterus becomes an ideal place for bacteria to grow. Therefore flushing procedures should be performed while following adequate hygiene protocols to guarantee the best results.
For example, not using sanitized equipment when flushing a cow could cause more damage to the cow or even introduce an infection into the uterus.Also, the latest trends in livestock production include heavier monitoring of antibiotics or less use of them.
How can using this product improve fresh cow health?
This product has essential oils necessary to help maintain or restore a normal uterine environment, which ensures cow reproductive performance post-calving.
The product contains a foaming agent that allows the product to reach all areas of the uterus. Because the product is made from natural products, it will not leave traces of drug residue, making the milk safe to enter the food supply.
What are the benefits of using this product?
Boluses can usually only be used for about a week after freshening. When the cervix gets too small, you can’t usually pass a bolus through it. Using a pipette with this product, you would be able to pass through the cervix at any time.
This product contains phenols instead of antibiotics, as seen in other uterine infection treatments. Phenols are contained in products like disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizers.
How to use this type of intrauterine treatment?
Any time you perform uterine infusions, they should always be done under strict hygiene conditions. The following are a few suggested steps to take when administering this product. EL
1. The equipment needed should include gloves, disinfectants, towels to clean the vulva, pipettes, a container to mix the product’s ingredients and the ingredients necessary to create the infusion solution. All equipment must be sterilized before use.
2. Every syringe contains 30mL of the product. Shake the syringe before mixing. You can either mix enough for an individual dose or multiple doses. For a single dose, mix 3.75 mL of Uterflush with 60 mL of water or saline solution. For multiple doses, mix the entire contents of the syringe with 500 mL of water or saline. This will provide eight doses.
3. Attach the pipette to the syringe with the diluted solution. Introduce the pipette into the vagina and guide it through the cervix. Once the pipette reaches the uterus, dispense 60 mL of the solution. The solution will begin to foam almost immediately. Carefully remove the pipette. This step is similar to artificially inseminating a cow, so you must be very careful. You could give the cow another dose 24 hours later, but make sure to not administer it more than three times.
*These steps have been summarized. Consult with your veterinarian for complete instructions in administering this product.