Artículos más leídos
- Luis Rodríguez: Conectando las diferentes áreas del establo
- Luis Rodriguez: Connecting the different areas of a dairy
- 0608 EL (español): Diarrea en vacas y becerras
- 0907 EL (español): Anatomia del casco de la vaca
- Manejando la retención de placenta
- 0307 EL (español): Veinte consejos para criar becerros sanos
- Conozca las diferencias entre la aplicación de inyecciones en un programa de sincronización y un programa de vacunación
- 0608 EL: Diarrhea in cows and calves
- Sample I-9 form completion and filing protocol
|Latinos in Agriculture: A leaders forum on capitalizing Hispanic talent|
|El Lechero Elements - News|
|Friday, 08 July 2011 15:19|
Dates for the upcoming “Latinos in Agriculture: A leaders forum on capitalizing Hispanic talent” have been set – and, you are invited!
The workshop will be held October 27th and 28th in San Antonio, Texas later this year and it will bring together industry, education and government to begin a dialog to explore ways to improve Latino representation in agriculture and related industries.
When we consider the rapidly changing demographics in the U.S. and the low numbers of Hispanic students entering Agriculture, it is time we realize the opportunity these changes bring to agriculture and engage in a deliberate and collaborative effort to improve Latino representation in agriculture and related industries.
If our agricultural and food industries are to be sustainable and maintain its dominance in world markets, Hispanic leadership and involvement must be part of the formula. Agriculture must be proactive and seize the opportunity. This is what “Latinos in Agriculture, a leadership forum on capitalizing Hispanic talent” expects to achieve by holding this event.
To register, please visit the registration page on the Latinos in Agriculture website and sign up now as space is limited.
For sponsorship opportunities available, please visit the sponsorship opportunities page for more information. Sponsorship opportunities are available on a first to commit basis.
You can also follow Latinos in Agriculture on Twitter and “like” the Facebook page to receive updated information on the event.
We look forward to seeing you in San Antonio and working with you in building Latino/Hispanic representation in the future of agriculture! EL
–Excerpts from Latinos in Agriculture news release. For more information about this event visit http://latinosinagriculture.org.