Artículos más leídos
- Luis Rodriguez: Connecting the different areas of a dairy
- 0608 EL (español): Diarrea en vacas y becerras
- 0907 EL (español): Anatomia del casco de la vaca
- Manejando la retención de placenta
- 0307 EL (español): Veinte consejos para criar becerros sanos
- Conozca las diferencias entre la aplicación de inyecciones en un programa de sincronización y un programa de vacunación
- 0608 EL: Diarrhea in cows and calves
- Sample I-9 form completion and filing protocol
- Castellanos brothers: A decade of loyalty
|Hispanic supervisor workshop takes place next week|
|El Lechero Elements - News|
|Friday, 16 September 2011 06:32|
Dr. Noa Roman-Muniz, from Colorado State University, will lead a workshop titled, “The people management skills for Hispanic supervisors,” on Tuesday, September 20, in Chilton, Wisconsin. The one-day workshop will be conducted exclusively in Spanish.
Training topics will include:
• Hiring process – How to conduct successful interviews plus how to assess a potential employee’s skills and qualifications.
• Retention – Tips and techniques related to orientation and first-job tasks, additional training as job description changes and step-by-step training plus adult learning and how to provide immediate, constructive feedback to employees.
• Conflict resolution and discipline – Harassment, teamwork, ground rules for meetings and interactions at work plus disciplinary action and when/why to take it.
• Safety – Effective ways to incorporate safety awareness and injury avoidance in job-related training.
• Culture and communication – How to overcome cultural differences so communication and training is first rate and the importance of understanding and conveying the message that we are all working toward the same goals.
Registration fee for PDPW members is $100 for the first person with additional individuals from the same dairy at just $75 per person.
Registration fee for non-PDPW members is $140 for the first person with additional persons from same dairy at $125 per person.
Where: Fox Valley Technical College
1200 East Chestnut Street
When: September 20, 2011
9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
This workshop is limited to 40 participants. Lunch and refreshments will be provided. Registration is open through Friday, September 16. For more information, click here or call (800) 947-7379. EL
—Excerpts from PDPW e-mail.