1. Is this a paid internship?
Yes, a fair market hourly wage will be paid to a limited number of qualifying interns. Non-paid internship opportunities may also be available during some internship seasons.
2. What qualifications do I have to meet?
Applicants should maintain a 3.2 GPA in college coursework and have previous writing experience.
3. Do you provide for housing or other living expenses?
Assistance locating housing and transportation to and from work in the Jerome, Idaho, or surrounding areas will be provided. Financial assistance for these expenses may also be available depending on the internship season. Contact an editor for more details.
4. Do I need a dairy background to apply?
No, however, previous experience in agriculture or dairying is preferable.
5. Are there any career opportunities for your company interns?
Yes. Successful former interns will be seriously considered for available full-time positions.
6. Is this internship very competitive?
The number of internship applicants varies depending on internship season preferred.
7. If my application is accepted, what’s the next step?
Applications will be reviewed and editors will interview candidates-of-interest via the phone. From these interviews, editors may choose interns directly or may request follow-up interviews. All applicants will be notified of their application’s acceptance or denial at least 60 days prior to beginning the internship.
8. Can I earn credit for an internship with PDP?
Ability to earn academic credits varies by university, but many offer this opportunity. Progressive Dairy Publishing will make a reasonable effort to meet a university’s requirements in order to help its interns earn credit, when an option.
9. Will I be able to travel during a PDP internship?
While not required, many interns like the opportunity to experience first-hand dairies in Idaho. As assignments permit, interns will be given opportunities to travel.
10. Why should I want to do an internship with PDP?
Internships give current university students experience that may put them on a fast track to PDP jobs immediately after graduation. A recent PDP intern described the value of her internship this way: “I think the experience at Progressive Dairyman looks great on a resume and would prepare you for any other similar position in the industry.”