Artículos más leídos
- Luis Rodríguez: Conectando las diferentes áreas del establo
- Luis Rodriguez: Connecting the different areas of a dairy
- 0608 EL (español): Diarrea en vacas y becerras
- 0907 EL (español): Anatomia del casco de la vaca
- Manejando la retención de placenta
- 0307 EL (español): Veinte consejos para criar becerros sanos
- Conozca las diferencias entre la aplicación de inyecciones en un programa de sincronización y un programa de vacunación
- 0608 EL: Diarrhea in cows and calves
- Sample I-9 form completion and filing protocol
|0308 EL: Why training?|
|El Lechero Dairy Basics - Management|
|Written by Dr. Carlos Tellez|
|Wednesday, 30 April 2008 17:00|
As today’s dairy farms get larger and more complex, a manager or any other outside consultant will have difficulty identifying and solving problems that arise.To be efficient and competitive, producers must depend on trained, skilled employee teams to identify and solve problems.
The training teaches what, how and why the things are done, so the trainee will learn the procedure correctly and he will develop good habits when performing it. Every trainee is different: some learn in a step-by-step manner before the big picture makes sense. The training will show employees how improving their skills will help them advance in the business.
It will help to retain and develop a quality workforce.
Employing Spanish-speaking workers with English-speaking managers increases the opportunity for poor communication thus it is essential to use good communication tools. It is important to develop job descriptions and a clear organizational structure for employee positions.
The job description is absolutely vital for helping prospective employees to understand the position. At the same time the job description forces the employer to think about what he or she expects from the employee.
A good job description includes a list of all tasks associated with the job, qualifications that the employee needs and the information about whom the employee will report to. The job description should be available in both English and Spanish. EL
Dr. Carlos Tellez,