PD Poll Question
Most read articles
- Flies on the dairy: Why are they here, and how do we get rid of them?
- Profitable feeding programs for dairy cattle
- Two dairymen are making profits with sprout fodder systems
- Controlling abuse of workers’ compensation and disability leaves of absence
- American Agri-Women elect national officers at annual convention
|Columns - Analaine's Home Cooking|
|Tuesday, 08 June 2010 06:20|
It was over 30 years ago when I first tasted this delicious treat. My friend, Marceil McKenzie, was hosting a study group in her home. After the lesson and discussion we always looked forward to dessert. This was a real hit!
I have made it many times over the years and have tried various flavors. My next favorite is pistachio pudding, so I omit the Butterfinger bars and use other nuts. Sliced almonds are a nice compliment if you can't get the pistachio nuts. I've also made this with lemon pudding, and that's delightful too. The important thing is to be sure to top it with plenty of fresh whipped cream.
2 large instant vanilla pudding
Combine crackers and melted butter. Mash 3/4 of this mixture into a 9x13 pyrex dish. Put in refrigerator for a few minutes. Mix pudding and milk and stir in the soft ice cream. Pour onto crumb mixture. Let set, then top with whipped cream. Crush butterfingers, add to remaining crumbs and sprinkle on top. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Makes 12-15 servings. PD