Most read articles
|AFACT announces another Farmer Voices training|
|News - Industry News|
|Tuesday, 31 August 2010 08:32|
Farmer Voices is a new program that trains those who are passionate about agriculture to share their personal stories with others. And we know that telling our ag story is more important than ever before. Farmer Voices is not a meeting where you sit and listen to speakers. This information simply can’t be absorbed by only sitting and listening. In this two-day workshop, you practice what you learn and gain immediate feedback from professional coaches. The next workshop will be held Nov. 8-9, 2010 at the historic Gainey Conference Center in Owatonna, Minnesota near Minneapolis-St. Paul.
Here are some reasons why you should attend:
• Learn tips on sharing your farmer story to appeal to multiple audiences
• Learn what “connects” with your audience
• Learn how to put an effective presentation together
• Practice your skills and get immediate feedback in a low-pressure, high-learning environment
• Learn from other passionate and effective attendees
• Practice answering audience questions with a mock Q&A competition (one of the best features of the Farmer Voices session!)
• Enjoy some of the best food we have ever experienced at a conference.
As an AFACT member, your participation in this event is free. You will receive live training and professional coaching to develop presentation content, materials and effective delivery of your message. Participants will also receive promotion on the Farmer Voices website and speakers bureau, plus training and support to promote yourself using social media.
If you are not an AFACT member yet, for the $175 annual dues and two days of your time, you will receive a two-day live training session, paid travel expenses (hotel, meals and airfare or mileage); and all of the training, coaching and promotion shown above.
—From AFACT eNews