PD Poll Question
Most read A.I. & Breeding articles
- A.I. company hand-picked its preferred activity monitor system
- Increase profitability by breeding the perfect grazing cow
- New research in Canadian crossbreeding useful to U.S. producers
- Culling dairy cattle for reproduction: What you need to know
- A fresh look at the reproductive efficiency of high-producing cows
|Reproduction Drill-Down Tool|
|Tech Tools - Web Tools|
|Written by PD Editor Dario Martinez|
Identifying and working to resolve bottlenecks is key to a dairy’s reproductive program. The Reproductive Drill-Down Tool, created by Penn State Extension educators, was recently released to address this concern.
Rebecca White of the Penn State Extension Dairy Team explains how this tool works and what it can do for dairy producers.Q: What is the web address?
Q: Why was it developed?
Problem areas are identified to provide focus for discussions or talking points addressing reproductive performance on a dairy operation.
Q: Who should use it?
Once logged in, the reproduction drill-down, as well as other tools, are accessible.
Each topic is highlighted with red, yellow or green indicating a high, medium or low risk, respectively, to reproductive performance.