Current Progressive Dairy digital edition
Advertisement
breadcrumbs

Blogs

Read online content from popular columnists, including Ryan Dennis, Baxter Black and Yevet Tenney, as well as comments from Progressive Dairy editors.

LATEST

In our culture today, so many people complain about hard work. By the way they talk about it, you would think it’s something that should be avoided if at all possible. But wise people know better. It always makes me think back to an incident that happened years ago on our farm here.

Read more ...

This rare character trait alone will not guarantee success, but it is usually part of the package in all successful businesses, families or relationships. You may think that I am talking about people skills, but there is a big difference between having people skills and having a heart for people.

Read more ...

When some people think of dairy farmers, they might picture overalls and a pitchfork. This should not be surprising with 98% of people two to three generations removed from farming and agriculture. But as the other 2%, we know this vision of what dairy farmers are like could not be further from the truth. Dairy farmers are some of the most innovative and progressive people in all of agriculture, finding ways to do more with less in order to feed our growing population.

Read more ...

There is an old saying, “Don’t lend money to a friend – it causes amnesia.” And there’s the other saying … Where am I? Why is there a computer in front of me? Oh, that’s right, I’m writing an article for Progressive Dairy.

Read more ...

The best part about watching The Bachelor (stay with me, everyone) is to follow along with the conversation people are having on Twitter about it.

Read more ...

I walked gingerly up to the table with my registration slip. The eight men sitting there turned toward me. They looked me up and down, making calculations. Rural poker sharks do not look like the Vegas typecast seen in movies.

Read more ...